Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Daddy


image from here
my dad is the best, seriously.
he taught me:
-the value of a good book, and read me ever so many, and sat with me as I read painstakingly slow while learning how to read.
-to be honest, even when it looks like it might not be the easiest thing to do, like when I rode my bike into a parked car and had to walk sheepishly up to the house and apologize. yikes.
-to be kind, to love, to be able to cry. my dad's tough, but put him in front of father of the bride and he tears up with the best of us, and I love that.
-to be silly, everytime I here "wild thing, I think I love you" I picture my mom and dad breaking it down on the dance floor, or rather or living room floor dancing like fools, in the best way of course!

most of all I love you daddy-o

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is very sweet!! Your daddy has brought up a wonderful daughter who I feel so blessed to have in my life.