Friday, December 25, 2009

New Year and New Beginnings

So Confession time, I am sitting alone in my parents bedroom puffy eyes and a chapped nose from crying, I would take a picture but its Christmas not Halloween:). J and I broke up and it was a long time coming, something I believe we both really didn't want, but needed to, to pursue life differently. I have let myself become someone I don't really like or want to be around and to carry someone with you through that is no fun either. But there is hope because I am in God's palm, and that is the best place to be. He says " For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and hope."(Jer 29:11) So I think this of all days is the perfect day to start new, the day that is filled with hope the day when the whole world changed, the day that we were given Jesus, to change our lives forever. Have decided that starting in Jan. I am going to do 10 new things every month, to push me through, to remember God's hope and to live life as the adventure I know it to be.

1. Read through the book of Proverbs
2. Get my hair done and actually try looking put together EVERYDAY
3. Run 4 out of the 7 days to prepare for the Half Marathon in Feb/April
4. Watch "He's Just Not That Into You"
5. Prepare a New Meal one day a week
6. Art Night, a night of making beautiful and maybe not so beautiful things
7. Go out with a different friend once a week
8. Start Learning French, go to the library and get some CDs
9. Make a dent in paying off the dreaded Credit Card, by putting 200 down
10.Join a small group at church

Ok so those are just baby steps, but it is going to get me out of the house, taking showers, and eventually the tears will stop, you know the postboyfriend blues, but I need to learn to laugh and to move ahead, because God isn't going to forget about me, he knows my dreams of getting married, adopting children and making pretty things, he knows these things and he knows things about you and he won't forget because he wants to bless us!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hey my love~ Just now reading this and wow I had no idea. My love and prayers are with you during this time and I do know that you are one strong woman that will get through this, but not alone. Only with the strength of our Father.

I do however love your list of things to get done this year, especially #4. I am going to watch that movie tonight or tomorrow as I taped it and have been wanting to see it. Wish we could see it together:(

Happy New Year my friend and many blessings to you in this new year.

Lauren said...

Thanks Julie! I have been doing really good, I spent some time with my parents and that helped oh so much. God is so good!

Katie said...

Everything you wrote, I have been feeling lately. You explained it better than I ever could have...so directly and beautifully.

I'm sorry to hear about the break-up though -- my heart goes out to you!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Also, if you want a learning buddy to try and learn/practice French with, I will volunteer!

I have a handy little French game for my Nintendo DS that I have barely touched. I want to learn Japanese and French, but I never have anyone to practice with so it's pretty difficult!

We could write emails or call with the one stipulation that we can only use French! Lol...it would be tough at first, but so fun!

PS- Is Harry Potter somewhere on your list for spring?!?